Summer Reading & Spanish

As we do every year, today we had a visit from librarians from the Central and Gordon Avenue Libraries. They previewed a couple of good books including Jack Blank, The True Meaning of SmeckDay, Close to Famous,  Lincoln’s Grave Robbers, and Rapunzel’s Revenge. They also informed students about programs that will be taking place this summer. On the off-chance the brochure doesn’t make it out of your child’s backpack, you can click here for more information. Students who read and turn in reading logs can win weekly prizes and be entered into contests for larger prizes including gift certificates to places like Game Stop, Barnes and Noble, and Michael’s.

After library, we had Spanish where Señora Cargile did a lesson on the Spanish artist, Goya. It generated a lot of interesting conversations about what students learned during the Black Death unit and throughout the year.

I’m going to set up a Google form and spreadsheet for reading suggestions during the summer. This would allow students to make recommendations to other students about books they might want to read. Students will fill out the form and then I will make the resulting spreadsheet open to the public to view. No email account will be required to participate. I had a small group of students do something similar last summer and they really enjoyed it. I will post a link to both once they have been completed.

2 thoughts on “Summer Reading & Spanish

1. Ms. Espo Post author

I hope I can convince the kids to use it and to check on it during the course of the summer. It would be a great resource for me when it comes to buying books for my classroom.

Reply