Genius Hour, part 642

We had genius hour fun today! Another teacher in the building is doing this with her students for the last few weeks of school and dropped by a couple of my morning classes so that her students could ask us some questions. (As an aside: a few of her students are interested in building (or rebuilding) a computer. If you have a junk computer laying around and might be interested in donating it, please let me know). We had technology today, so much work was done. I have warned students that we are coming to the part of the year where technology will be harder to come by, so if they’re working with it, they need to start wrapping it up and moving on to their presentation.

Please encourage your children to return books they’ve borrowed from the school library and my classroom library. The last day to borrow books from Walker’s library is Friday. I will allow students to borrow books until the end of the year as long as they are returned.

Tigers, Blue Devils and Wolf Pack will take their math SOL on Wednesday. Yellow Jackets and Eagles will take their math SOL on Thursday.